New Addition: Thursday tours start June 5th through July 31st at 2pm!
UPCOMING Specialty Tours:
Taste of Downtown: “Food & Family Fun Tour” August 16th
“Goons,Goblins, and Grub Tour” October 25th
“Pub and Grub Tour” November 8th
“Shop Til You Drop Tour” December 13th
Eat and drink your way through Downtown Harrisonburg’s Culinary District.
These super-fun walking tours begin at 2:00 p.m. every Saturday (ALSO, Thursday tours in June and July) and last approximately 2.5 hours. Your tour guide will take you to seven unique independent restaurants, food shops, and local businesses to sample food, drink (including craft beer and Virginia wines), and get behind-the-scenes dish from restaurateurs and chefs. Enjoy the local food culture and learn about what else makes Harrisonburg, Virginia so charming.
Some stops that we may feature on your tour:
Beyond * Blue Nile * Bella Luna * Benny’s Sorrentino’s * Capital Ale House * Clementine * Court Square Coffee * Cuban Burger * Downtown Wine & Gourmet * DragonFlies Toys* Earth & Tea Café * El Sol Tacos Mexicanos * Friendly City Food Co-op * Glen’s Fair Price Store * Indian American Café * Jacktown: Billy Jacks and Jack Brown’s * Jess’s Lunch * Jon Boyz BBQ Shack * Kline’s Dairy Bar * Midtown Market * Mashita * Pulp * Oasis * Ten Thousand Villages * Three Nothch’d Brewery * Three Brothers Brewery * You Made it! * and much more.
Rocktown Bites offers specialty tours that include:
- Around the World in Rocktown – A unique and interactive food tour that offers a look into the international fare of Harrisonburg.
- Court Square Market Days -Learn more about the history of Harrisonburg’s architecture as we sample food from different eateries along the way.
- Goons, Goblins, and Grub – Kid-themed tour that allows children to experience the great eateries of downtown while also having fun.
- Shop and Eat Til You Drop – While you shop at downtown businesses enjoy a delicious bite of Harrisonburg’s eateries.
- Summer in America Tour – Celebrate our Nation’s birthday with some iconic American foods right here in Harrisonburg.
- Food and Family Fun Tour – A kid (and adult friendly) food tour that will highlight great family stops for dining in Downtown Harrisonburg’s Culinary District. * Alcohol free tour and all children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pub and Grub Tour -Join us as we stroll through Harrisonburg’s newest pubs and breweries! We will sample food truck grub and everyone’s favorite bar food along the way!
- Ladies Day Out Tour – All you ladies out there need to grab a friend (or a few) and let us plan an afternoon of fun filled with shopping, cocktails and delicious food!
- Meet and Eat Singles Tour – Come together with other singles that share in interest in food and trying new things. We’ll introduce you to new foods and people on this food tour designed for all the singles out there.
Tours start promptly at 2:00 p.m. at the Visitor Center :Hardesty Higgins House in Downtown Harrisonburg, VA.
Grab your friends and come walk with us!
21 and over please. We can accomodate vegetarian requests but no other dietary requests at this time.
In Partnership with Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance.