Tours Running Through Mid-December 2015.
Eat and drink your way through Downtown Harrisonburg’s Culinary District.
These super-fun walking tours begin at 2:00 p.m and last approximately 2.5 hours. Your tour guide will take you to six unique independent restaurants, food shops, and local businesses to sample food, drink (including craft beer and Virginia wines), and get behind-the-scenes dish from restaurateurs and chefs. Enjoy the local food culture and learn about what else makes Harrisonburg, Virginia so charming. Buy Tickets here!!
Some stops that we may feature on your tour:
Artful Dodger * Beyond * Bella Luna * Benny Sorrentino’s * Capital Ale House * Clementine * Court Square Coffee * Cuban Burger * Downtown Wine & Gourmet * El Sol Tacos Mexicanos * Explore More Discovery Museum * Friendly City Food Co-op * Glen’s Fair Price Store * Heritage Bakery & Cafe * Jacktown: Billy Jack’s and Jack Brown’s * Jess’ Lunch * Jon Boyz BBQ Shack * Kline’s Dairy Bar * Midtowne Bottleshop * Mashita * Pale Fire Brewing * PULP * Oasis * Rock’N Wolfe Food Truck Park * Ten Thousand Villages * Three Nothch’d Brewery * Brothers Brewery * You Made it! * PURE EATS * Social BBQ* The Lady Jane* and much more.
Rocktown Bites offers specialty tours that include:
- Around the World in Rocktown – A unique and interactive food tour that offers a look into the international fare of Harrisonburg.
- Goons, Goblins, and Grub – Kid-themed tour that allows children to experience the great eateries of downtown while also having fun. (October 31st, 2015)
- Shop and Eat Til You Drop – While you shop at downtown businesses enjoy a delicious bite of Harrisonburg’s eateries. (December 12th, 2015)
- Summer in America Tour – Celebrate our Nation’s birthday with some iconic American foods right here in Harrisonburg. (July 4th, 2015)
- Food and Family Fun Tour – A kid (and adult friendly) food tour that will highlight great family stops for dining in Downtown Harrisonburg’s Culinary District. * Alcohol free tour and all children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pub and Grub Tour -Join us as we stroll through Harrisonburg’s newest pubs and breweries! We will sample food truck grub and everyone’s favorite bar food along the way! (November 14th, 2015)
- Ladies Day Out Tour – All you ladies out there need to grab a friend (or a few) and let us plan an afternoon of fun filled with shopping, cocktails and delicious food!
- Meet and Eat Singles Tour – Come together with other singles that share in interest in food and trying new things. We’ll introduce you to new foods and people on this food tour designed for all the singles out there.
Tours start promptly at 2:00 p.m. at the Visitor Center :Hardesty Higgins House in Downtown Harrisonburg, VA @ 212 S Main St, Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Grab your friends and come walk with us!
21 and over please. We can accomodate vegetarian requests but no other dietary requests at this time.
In Partnership with Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance.